Addiction Recovery Programs & Services
The Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission offers emergency and long-term services for men and women in need. Click here to download or view our current service brochure.
- 80 beds for addiction recovery
- 20 beds for post-recovery shelter
- 30 beds for addiction recovery and Transitional Housing
The Christian Addiction Recovery and Education Program (C.A.R.E.) is a free, 13-month residential program that addresses a client’s spiritual, psychological, educational, physical, and emotional needs. We provide everything clients will need; shelter, food, clothing, and personal hygiene products. Sorry, but cell phones are not allowed.
Clients desiring program entry must complete a 30-45 day evaluation period.
The program is divided into four phases:
1. Stabilization: Clients are introduced to intensive 12-Step coursework as well as basic Christianity and family of origin issues.
2. Exploration: Clients explore the meaning and purpose of life through such studies as The Purpose Driven Life and Search for Significance while learning how to develop healthy relationships in life.
3. Maturation: Clients learn to take their Christian faith to deeper levels in such classes as Measure of Maturity and Walking with the Master. Addiction is revisited in the Life Recovery series, which explores the forgiveness principles found in the Bible.
4. Preparation: Men and women prepare to return to society as productive members through Planning for Success, which connects them with vocational training agencies, social service resources, budgeting and finance, and job interview/resume skills. Clients are experiencing God in various ways to firm up their spiritual foundation and join God in his work.
All clients are held to strict guidelines to ensure their road to sobriety and that a new life is a successful one!
If you or someone you know needs help with addiction recovery, call
(775) 329-0485 (24 hours) or (775) 323-0386.
To view videos of past graduations please visit our YouTube channel here.
The Mission currently does not accept men or women for emergency shelters; however, we will assist with referrals and support for overnight services offered by other agencies.
Please contact us at the Mission or call us at (775) 329-0485 (24 hours).
The Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission gives back to the community in many ways:
- Emergency groceries touch hundreds of lives each month as churches, community food banks, and schools contact us for help.
- Weekly food baskets are available to anyone in need.
- Monthly Pop-Up food pantry to help reach those in underserved areas.
- Holiday food events each year help about 1,500 families across Northern Nevada enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving or Christmas meal. Our holiday dinners reach more than 2,000 people in various settings, including senior citizen centers and low-income housing.
- Our four Thrift Depot stores offer great discounts on quality items like furniture, household goods, clothing, and more.
- We work with other charitable and social service agencies to ensure that everyone who comes to us gets the help they need. From substance abuse recovery to outpatient counseling/therapy to work therapy to transitional housing, we make every effort to find the most appropriate solution.
Food & Hunger
The Gospel Mission annually prepares and provides nearly 500,000 free meals to homeless and needy people across the Northern Nevada community.
Our staff prepares up to 1,300 meals each day. Every day, we serve breakfast and dinner to any individual or family off the streets and provide groceries to hundreds of people each week.
Volunteer groups from local churches and businesses assist in preparing and serving nightly meals to the homeless. Our volunteers also help us prepare and distribute bags of groceries for weekly and monthly food pantry events.
The Mission also provides countless meals throughout the year to needy families across the Reno-Sparks area. We work closely with individuals, families, churches, and schools to supply food from our community pantry to those who are in need.
During the holidays, we will serve thousands of meals to those less fortunate across Northern Nevada. Additionally, we’ll host several special dinner events during non-traditional times, such as Easter and the summertime.
If you are hungry or know of an individual or family that is, please contact us at
- Clothing vouchers for men, women, and children
- Emergency food assistance for individuals and families
- Referrals to social service agencies to provide the best assistance
- Morning and Evening meals for homeless men, women, and children
If you need help in any of these areas, call us 24 hours at